Monday, September 29, 2008

Did We Offend The Sun?

Okay, I'm not very patient with certain things and sunshine is one of them. If it's not going to rain, and rain right now, the clouds can just go on about their business elsewhere. When they're ready to rain on me, then they can come back.

Sept. 28--Write about a time you did something out of superstition--Knock wood. Not that I really believe in any of those silly superstitions like "step on a crack, break your mother's back" or any of that salt or mirror foolishness. I'm a woman of the new millennium. I never hesitate to walk under ladders--once I make certain nothing is going to fall on me. I would never cross the street to avoid a black cat that looked like it might cross my path. Things like that are in the realm of the ignorant. Everyone knows that there's nothing lucky about rabbits' feet or wishing on the first star at night. Four-leaf clovers are merely genetic mutations, hardly worth spending a summer's afternoon searching for. Don't be silly, I'm not in the least bit superstitious. Either it's chilly in here or someone just walked over my grave. Got any holy water handy? Any garlic?

Pretty silly, but fun to write. Helloooo! Anybody home?
--Barbara
--

No comments: