Monday, September 8, 2008

Sept 8 - _________ is the color I remember

Black and white are the colors I remember as I held you for the last time crooning in your ear about what a good boy you are. My fingers stroking that thick coat of black and white fur, memorizing the way you felt so that I could live this moment forever. I knew it was time to say good-bye to you, the idea breaking my heart, yet your purr reassuring me that it was time to say goodbye. That steady rumble that was unique to you, a sound I could identify as only you, even in the dark of night as you would nuzzle my ear letting me know you were protecting me.

Black was what I felt as the minutes ticked away, my heart aching as I knew you were suffering, but selfishly aching for the impending loss of you.

White was what I felt once you had passed, knowing that my faithful friend was free and no longer in pain.

To my boy Teapot - You were a good boy all of the time (09/06/08)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Teapot is a wonderful name, as is this piece, Jennifer. It is very poignant. Nicely done.