Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Still Behind

But I'm working on it. The prompt for the 20th was to write a love poem. My first thought was, Yuck! who wants to write a sappy love poem? But then I realized that I didn't have to make a sappy love poem, I could make a cranky love poem or a serious love poem or even a funny love poem. I guess you'd call mine an advice love poem.

Love Work

Don’t be fooled
by all the moon
and spoon in June
gooshiness of love
poetry and songs.
That sparkly-eyed
sappiness is a phase.
It’s the magic time,
the blush, the flush
of first love, lust even.

Love, real love, sets in
soon enough and it
takes advanced skills
to excel at.
You need to communicate
and compromise, cooperate
and coexist.
You need to be tolerant
and tolerable.

Don’t let the stars in your eyes
make you a fool,
love is hard work
but it’s worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~

See you Thursday with critique in hand. I do love Henry.
--Barbara

No comments: