Wednesday, March 8, 2017


The roaring wind woke me at 5:45 this morning and it's a darned good thing it did.  Yesterday, much to my surprise, FedEx brought three big boxes from Spectrum (used to be Time Warner).  In the boxes were two cable boxes and one modem.  Since I'd already traded in our old modem for a new one that will work at the right speed I knew I didn't need that one but nobody ever said that we had to have new boxes.  I assumed that we had to have the new boxes because of the company change, I thought about switching them after supper but I was tired and didn't want to deal with the hassle.  I told Durwood that I'd get them installed and up and running before I left for work this morning.  It's a good thing I waited.  I was on the phone for over 2 hours with two different tech guys.  It took over an hour to figure out that neither of the cable boxes were DVR capable so I was told to just hook up the old one again.  ??????  It was a different story with the other cable box.  That one wouldn't boot up so I put the old one back but that one wouldn't boot up either so I ended up on the phone with the second tech guy for half an hour or so to get the new cable box up and running.  Fortunately around 8 o'clock I remembered that I had a 9:30 appointment so I hurried the second guy up since I was in my jammies, unfed, stinky, and with lunches unmade.  Yikes!  But we got both TVs up and running, I'm clean, lunches were made and brought along, and I made my appointment on time.  The best thing is the boxes came with FedEx return labels so I don't have to wrassle them into the cable outpost to return them, I can (and did) go online to schedule a pickup for tomorrow here at the dive shop.  Next I'll call Customer Service to make sure we've got the price and channels I worked out with one of their reps last Friday.  Later.

I knitted some on the Apres Llama sock foot and have less than 2" to go before making the toe.  Then I get to make another one, which is kind of a slog.  See why I usually only make one sock?  Since these are lounge socks I decided to make a pair.  Shh.  Don't tell.

Because I can't resist making stuff for LC's kitchen I happened upon a pattern to crochet blueberries and raspberries.  Actually I didn't happen upon it, I went looking for one because last time she "cooked" for me she made pretend oatmeal and imagined the meatballs into blueberries... sooooo I thought I'd make a few.  Well.  They're way too big.  I made the one on the right Friday night and it's walnut-sized.  I dropped down 2 hook sizes and eliminated a round and made the one on the left, still too big but better.  I think I'll go down one more hook size and cut out most of the rounds, just increase and immediately decrease; that should look more blueberry-y.  I know, I know.  She can imagine things just fine but it's so much fun to make little putzy stuff like this.  It makes me smile and at this dreary time of year I need things to make me smile.

I wrote last night and left my notebook at home but I didn't want to wait until this evening to post since I know you wait with bated breath to read this.  *clears throat*

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I can sympathize with you on the long, long, LONG time on the phone. I was doing the same thing yesterday ordering one of those POD things for our move. It took forever. But I think it's done. They sent an email but I'm not sure I truly confirmed it all. Dreading getting into it all again today.