Thursday, March 9, 2017

Filling the Space

I don't really have anything to say today but I feel compelled to post something.  This is the remains of last Wednesday's snowstorm left in the dive shop parking lot.  I am not a fan of snow when it gets all gray and crumbly.  I don't mind fresh and white snow, it makes the world look so tidy and clean in a gray and dreary time of year.  Snow is better than brown grass and the crumpled brown leaves and trash swirled into the corners after yesterday's gale force winds.


In between customers at work yesterday I knitted up to the toe decreases of the sock.  I changed the name of the socks from Baby Llama Socks to Apres Llama Socks.  A better name, don't you think?






I have high hopes of finishing sock #1 tonight and then getting #2 started and finished over the weekend while we're hiding out in Door County.  I got most of the packing done last night and this morning, leaving a few vital things for Durwood to take care of today.  Once I lock up the dive shop I'll go home to get him, load up, and zoom away.  We both need the get-away.

March 9--Pietro Perugino, Portrait of the Vallombrosian Monk Baldassarre.  The man sitting across the bus aisle looked like a regular guy except for his brown monk's robe and his tonsure.  Oh, don't get your knickers in a twist.  A tonsure is a monk's haircut that leaves a fringe of hair around a mostly shaved head.  The monk had the most relaxed look on his face, like he didn't have a care in the world.  He didn't jiggle his knee or clench his hands.  I wished I could absorb some of his serenity.

It's crazy how much food you think you need for a weekend away.  I have a cooler, a milk crate, and a tote with the foodstuffs, and we each have a suitcase.  Then there's my knitting and I can't leave my laptop home.  Good thing we have a nice big van, huh?  My next post will be from a quieter place.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

While you're relaxing in Door County, we'll be entertaining down here. Paul's brother and his wife are coming today from Norfolk. Just for the weekend. They're donating a piece of Rehder family history to the Cape Fear Museum - a silver tray engraved with the monogram of one of the "founding fathers" of the clan here in Wilmington. Somehow feels important to Shirley (sister-in-law) but Paul isn't impressed!