Sunday, June 23, 2013

Well, That Didn't Work

Something came up and Lala didn't come after all but we are going to meet at Maribel Caves later this morning to do some exploring before she goes off to Judy Redbird's for an overnight.  One good thing yesterday is I got the house all cleaned.  I don't know why I avoid it, cleaning I mean, because I purely love having cleaned, everything looks so nice and tidy and the house smells fresh even when it's been closed up, like now because the mold and pollen counts are through the roof.  Durwood's had a hard allergy season and it doesn't look like it'll let up anytime soon.  One thing I didn't do yesterday was mow the lawn, which I should have done because the super-humidity and heat is supposed to arrive today and stay for a few days and it's time to mow but I just didn't want to mow, I wanted to pout (and overeat) because my plans collapsed.  So I did.  Durwood made a yummy supper for us.  (too bad you missed it, Lala)  He broiled some chicken breasts with a little garlic powder, salt & pepper, and sauteed shallots, garlic, mushrooms, Roma tomatoes, and a zucchini in a bit of balsamic vinegar, with fresh green beans on the side.  There was just over one serving of bow tie pasta leftover that I quick heated up to put the veggies over but we really didn't need that.  It was delicious.  Dee. Licious.

A bunch of my perennials are blooming so I thought I'd show them to you (since I didn't take a picture of the yummy supper).

June 23--Turkmenistan, Coat.  The silk embroidery on the red wool coat made Gracie feel like royalty.  She ran her fingers over the small stitches that made up the floral motifs that covered the fabric like wallpaper designs.  She'd been up in the attic one fall day looking for a small table to put in the family room and stubbed her toe on a cedar chest.  Meemaw's monogram, KMA, had been on a plaque on its lid and she couldn't resist opening it to see what was inside.

Aaand that's when I conked out.  All that cleaning, all those fumes, all that disappointment and frustration laid me right out.  Now it's time to go read the paper and have some breakfast before I drive away to meet Lala and play outside.  Happy Sunday.
--Barbara

No comments: