Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Again

But only flurries, not piles and drifts of the stuff. I realize that it is February and the depths of winter so snow is expected, but it's getting a bit old.

I survived the drive home from Roi's, traffic was light and I made a visit to a few stores in the outlet mall in Oshkosh. There were a few things in Land's End, Eddie Bauer, and Lane Bryant that just had to come home with me. It wasn't the same as going with my DD like we did years ago, but I managed to leave some mad money there.

February 13--Socotra Island, Yemen. Unmarred by a single footprint, Geneva thought the beach at Socotra looked like it had when the Earth was made. It seemed to be a waste to have such a beautiful beach in such a rigid and extremist country. The rocks down the shore looked right, though, like they belonged. They were devoid of greenery, not one plant, not a spindly tree, nothing grew on them as if the cultural wasteland that is the norm among the Yemenis had been translated to the geography.

Well, I didn't think I had that strong a bias about any country. Guess I need to do a little research.

I was too tired from shopping and driving to write last night. I'll do better tonight, I promise.
--Barbara

No comments: