Sunday, February 1, 2009

Warm Wind

It felt great to be out in the sun and the warm wind this afternoon while I was filling the birdfeeders. Like it might actually be spring one of these days. I applied an expensive bandage to the biggest source of my writing frustrations yesterday. I went to Best Buy and I bought myself a new Acer laptop. No more computer falling asleep when I'm in the bathroom and not being able to be awakened. No more losing work because I forgot to save it. We're still getting acquainted but I can tell this is going to be a good relationship.

Jennifer, I like both of the things you wrote and I really like how they are the opposite of each other. Keep going, it's worth it to get those writing muscles toned up.

January 31-February 1--Michelangelo Buonaroti, David. I can't take my eyes off him. He stands there in a shaft of sunlight that burnishes his skin to gold. My fingers itch to caress the pulse in his neck, to trace those sensuous lips with the barest touch of my fingertip. I want to rake my fingers through his tousled black curls and make him purr. His nose has a little bump in it like it has been broken once, maybe in a boyhood soccer game. You can see the self-assurance in his face as he stands the3re, unconcerned that so many eyes are on him. The tension in his muscles so firm beneath his skin makes me want to reach out and smooth my hand down his back and arms. I don't though, it's too public here. What would people think?

At least I wrote. Maybe I'll be more inspired tomorrow..
--Barbarfa

No comments: