Monday, February 9, 2009

It's Raining In February!

That can't be good. Sounds like Armageddon to me. Or maybe it's Armageddon Lite.

Jennifer, I totally love the fact that someone brought your grandmother's urn to the party. Keep the family together, that's a great motto! Nice writing too, a complete story arc in just a few words. Nice characterizations.

This wasn't a writing weekend for me. I had too much other stuff going on so I just skipped it. *gasp* I'll make it up today. In fact, it's so busy here at the dive shop that I wrote the weekend prompt this morning. Here it is in all its mediocre grandeur:

February 7 & 8--Hand Holbein the Younger, The Ambassadors. Such sumptuous robes they are wearing and how they must have reeked. You and I both know that personal hygiene wasn't in style in the 1500s. I would like to see that robe on the right-hand guy, though. It looks like silk and the brown and wine color of it is very rich and luxurious looking. I like that they have piled all their ambassador loot between them to show off the swag from their journeying. I'd like to pick through their loot, spin the globes, see the things that were gifted to them. I haven't got a clue what that thing is jutting up from the bottom of the frame but, judging by their expressions of cautious suspicion, they don't seem to like it. What an adventure they had. Now they're tired and they just want to go home and sleep, if only the painter would hurry up.

Not great but not bad. Maybe I'll have better luck with the Monday one.
--Barbara

No comments: