Saturday, February 14, 2009

I love my Vagina!

Ok...I haven't gone off my rocker (yet), but I did see The Vagina Monologues last night with my friend Molly at the UW-Fox Valley campus. This is my third time seeing this play (the first was in New York and which starred Maria from my childhood Sesame Street days), but last night's performance was awesome! And I figured the Title of my blog for today was appropriate since we are now (at least temporarily) an all-female writing group.

We will miss you Bob and hope you find your way back to us or find something that fills your soul.

Now, I can say, Ugh Barbara! Sinus crap is awful. And the art from yesterday didn't inspire me either...but no worries, you still are a brilliant writer!

Write About the Night Sky

When I lived in the country, the night sky was blacker than I could have ever imagined. Constellations were clearly visible and I would spend hours staring up at the sky picking out the Big Dipper, the Little Dipper and Orion, his belt being the key identifier. It's funny how there was a telescope in the house, but it was never used for viewing the night sky. Only when the television meteorologist announced some magnificent event that would take place in the night sky, only to be see again after our lifetime, would the telescope be dragged onto the deck. The telescope was just another toy in the quest for acquisition of the most toys before one dies. In a way, I guess I was just another acquisition, but that changed.

Now I live in the city and the night sky is diluted with the glow of lights from the street lamps. The stars have to be pretty brilliant in order to be seen, but I'm ok with that. I will often awake in the middle of the night and will turn toward my window, watching the snow gently falling, illuminated by the street lamp just outside my window. I watch the snow fall and a sense of calm washes over me bringing me back to sleep.

Perhaps it is the snow, perhaps it is exhaustion, but I know it is also the sense of knowing I am my own person and content with where I am in life.

***oh well...not that great, but it felt great working through the past and coming into the now.

Happy Valentine's Day to Jenny, Barbara, Bob and my Lurker (you know who you are! :) )

No comments: