Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'll Have Unusual Medical Conditions for $200, Alex

Jenny, why does it not surprise me that your internal organs are rearranging themselves? What ever happened to having a bout of the flu? How about a nice ulcer? No, your innards have to revolt and try to take over the southern hemisphere. Let me know if there's anything I can do--like turn you over and shake you like a snowglobe so everything drifts back into place. Have you been dreaming you are a Magic 8 ball? (I blame Jennifer if you have.)

My sinuses are trying to push my left eye out of its socket but that's nothing compared to Jenny's news. I feel almost... normal. Ye gods.


Thanks for the joke, Jennifer. I love it!

February 12--Odilon Redon, The Barque. In my dream the boat floated on a lake the same color as the sky. Only the tree trunk standin solid and firm at the water's edge had enough color to be real. Everything else beyond the tree floated in a colorless, formless mist. In the boat stood a man and woman no more solid than the mist, shades of travelers come before.

Well, that's it, kids, the sum total of my brilliance today. Maybe things will be better by writer's tonight. See you then!
--Barbara

No comments: