Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day Two--Old Characters Crowd In

Today's writing welcomed more old friends to the NaNo. A lot of backstory got explored, or at least blurped out onto the page. This year I've settled much faster into my best writing rhythm: write a bit, do something else, write a bit, knit, write a bit, do a chore, write a bit, run an errand, etc. I'm much more productive if I don't strap myself to my chair for long periods of time. No big revelations yet but foundations are being laid.

Line of the day:
Mona liked to get up early each morning, slip into her swimming suit, not a bikini, a real live swimming suit, dive off the dock and go for a swim up the shore. She would swim for a half hour or so then put on the mask, snorkel and fins she had left on the end of the dock and paddle around the dock pilings to see what kind of fish and critters were there that day. Jack did not like to go into the ocean. He said, “Fish crap in there. Why would anybody want to swim in fish crap?”

Daily word count: 1,790 words
Running total: 3,613 words

How goes the guinea pig wars today, Jennifer?
--Barbara

No comments: