Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 3--Starts Off Well Then Staggers Over The Finish Line

Work always interferes with fun things. Foolish jobs. I'm breaking the rules a bit and shoving in a whole bunch of old characters, enlarging situations, and delving deeper into backstory so my writing is new and not so new at the same time. But I am really enjoying fleshing out these people. And I nearly ended the day with 540 words that I wrote before work but I forced my sleepy self back to my desk about 10 PM and pounded out nearly 1400 words in less than an hour to make it over the top. My name on NaNoWriMo.org is bookie1510 if you want to "friend" me. Tell me yours and I'll "friend" you.

We're off to vote. I'll come back later and put up a line or two. There must be something worth posting in that dreck.

Line of the day:
Manning had arrived on the island eight years earlier with fifty bucks in his pocket and a sinking boat under him. The old Tina Marie, he thought with a smile. He had won her in a poker game in Tortola a month before from a guy, whose ownership of the boat was, let us be generous and say, doubtful. The papers the old pirate handed over after the game looked suspiciously well aged and soiled, almost as if someone had scuffed them across the deck after cleaning fish and then drove over them a few times in a gravel lot

Daily word count: 1,922
Running total: 5,535

--Barbara

No comments: