Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 10--Sucked

Not to be too blunt about it, but I just could not get into the rhythm of it so I'm a few hundred words behind. But today's my day off and I already have 200 words written, and it's still morning. I'm excited about the direction this morning's words took so I'll be sneaking back there to poke Alphie awake whenever I take a break of bathroom cleaning and vacuuming to see what's happening in the dark warm nighttime ocean between Lucia and Burke. Oooh, warm ocean, warm bodies. Ooh. It's no Destructicorn, Jenny, but it'll do for today.

You go, Jennifer! I am very impressed by your dedication and determination--or is that stubbornness? I, myself, am never stubborn. *ahem* I want to read a line or a little clump of what you're writing. No "line of the day"s yet? Come on, throw us one. Please? I'll go first...

Line of the day:

As she neared the boulder where she had left her clothes a voice came out of the darkness. “Did you remember a towel?” A small shriek escaped her lips before her conscious mind registered who had spoken. “Oh my God, Burke, you scared me half to death.” “I am sorry,” he said, “I did not mean to frighten you, but I saw you swimming and thought I would come out and join you. Then I thought that if I swam out to you, you might think I was a shark.” He laughed, a low sexy laugh. Lucia looked at him standing in the moonlight, his fists on his hips and his head thrown back. At first she thought he was nude but then she realized that he wore a racer’s swim suit rather than the baggy shorts that most men favored. She thought she would like to see him in the day light.


So, that's how Day 10 ended. Any wonder that it got interesting when I started today?


Don't forget Bob wants his critique this Thursday rather than next. (That's as much for me as for you.)

--Barbara

No comments: