Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Trifecta! Yay, Us!

Nice to see you again, Jenny. All of us are on an "interesting" name kick, it seems--Azreal & Sariel are excellent, as is Eldon. The robot's name was Rhubarb. Hey, if we can't write stories, at least we can invent cool names. Lovely gruesome images, Jenny. Bob, I like the endless left-turning in the wind and rain. We're clawing our way back to being writers, you guys.

July 15--It was that kind of day--It was that kind of day. A day when everything was right. Right as rain, right on the money, and all the other "right" cliches that mean everything was going my way. I just missed dripping jam on my blouse and remembered to pack my lunch. The bread wasn't moldy and the lunchmeat wasn't
sticky and rank or slimy. I filled in every box in the crossword puzzle in the paper and I managed to finish the Sudoku even though it was a medium one. The bus was on time and there was a seat for me and not next to one of the smelly homeless guys who ride around endlessly day after day and talk to themselves about people who aren't there. I got to work on time in clean clothes and with no runs in my panty hose. My report on the Fenster project was well-received by the management team and my boss put a complimentary letter in my file. Roger from Legal asked me out to dinner on Friday, and Laurel said she'd take that writing class with me. This much good luck makes me nervous. I think I'll take the stairs.

Later, dudes. Maybe I'll swing by B&N on my way home from work to see the new arrangement. I do have a coupon that expires soon...
--Barbara

No comments: