Friday, July 25, 2008

Now It's Really Friday

Nice meeting last night, guys. I hope we threw out one idea that helps, Jenny. Rewriting's a bitch. Maybe we can find a tutor?

July 24--Write about a conversation--All I hear all day is "she said" and then "I told her" over and over until I'm ready to scream. Doesn't everyone need quiet to work? How does she think I can accomplish anything? Things that she told me to do I can't do because she never shuts up. Sometimes I wonder if she really has these conversations she insists on sharing with me verbatim or if she's just babbling out conversations with imaginary friends. I can't scream at her to shut up. I know that would be wrong, she'd fire me, and I need this job. She knows it too. It's probably why she's doing it. Seeing how far she can push me before I snap. I'll bet she goes back to her office and laughs at how she can do whatever she wants and I have to keep my mouth shut and take it. Last week I clenched my fist so tight my fingernail cut into my palm and I think I cracked a molar from clamping my jaws together to keep from screaming. Maybe I can get some doctor to prescribe Valium for me. Or I could dissolve one in her over-creamed and sugared coffee. That'd shut her up.

Eh. It's writing.
--Barbara

No comments: