Friday, December 13, 2019

Look What I Made

Today I made lots of stuff.  First thing this morning I poured box after box of cereal into a big stainless steel bowl, melted butter, and added spices, then I poured the butter over the cereal.  Over the next two hours I stirred every 20 minutes and then I had this.  Nice big bowl of Chex mix that is nearly impossible to resist.  Yum.



Once the mix was done I put together a pot of egg drop soup with sugar snap peas, mushrooms, and chicken.  This is going to make excellent lunches.  More yum.






Then it was time for yarn.  First I finished the little sock I started last night...


 


at Friday Knitting I used the nice bright light to finish the Christmas toy...





after that was done I cast on a little mitten.


Making,  making, making.  Today was a making day.




 13 December--Barbara Malcolm, Spies Don't Retire. 

It seemed to George that what was carried in stores was completely arbitrary, almost as if when a shipping container arrived, the merchants lined up and the contents of the container were handed out, one piece at a time, in a rotation.  He would be following Sonia into a clothing store and see a pile of boom boxes stacked in a corner.  The grocery store had a shelf of cheap hand tools, and the bakery seemed to have one of everything; a radio, a few CDs, a handful of t-shirts, two or three cheap ceramic statues, a small box of candles, and a garden rake.  He was puzzled over the random nature of most of the island stores’ inventory.  Didn’t they plan what they ordered and stocked?
He was sure that Sonia had hurried to tell both their sons that George was back in his old job and he knew that they knew what that meant, that was why he felt confident that his son would respect his request not to tell Sonia and would get the laptop, etc. to him as soon as he could.



There's a weird icy mix falling from the sky tonight.  The temperature is right at freezing which is making the roads slick in spots.  The weather around here is a constant joy.  Not.  It's Friday the 13th, isn't it?  Well, that explains a lot.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm blaming Friday the 13th for everything. I had a terrible day at the bridge table -- worst in a long time. Wrapping Christmas gifts today and then a trip to Ship N Go. Almost last minute but not quite.