Wednesday, November 15, 2017

More Words



 




I got Rebel Girl Hat #2's words done last night.  The red tweed yarn was the right choice.  Now I have one more hat to embroider.  There's a knitting guild meeting tomorrow night so I'll take the third pink hat and start embroidering letters.  Which means I need to spend some time tomorrow putting markers on so I know where to sew.  And then I can forge ahead on other projects, whatever they may be.  I'd like to cast on a shrug/sweater but won't let myself do that until the hats are done.  I have some Christmas sewing to do too so maybe that'll get cut out next to lay in wait for me down in the sewing area in the basement.







Speaking of sewing, while doing a little laundry tonight after supper I sewed a bit on the second oxygen tank carrier bag I've had cut out for a couple months.  This one won't be stiffened like the first one so those arches that will have a webbing handle and D rings for a shoulder strap will get stitched on about a third of the way down and I'll make a drawstring casing in the opening to keep the tank secure.  While I've been fixated on sewing all the Dresses No. 1 the bag kept getting pushed back and hidden under a sewing machine cover.  I finally realized that the best way for me to get things done is to not jump ahead.  I cut a bunch of things out, then sew them before I allow myself to cut and sew more.  Sometimes that even works.   Not with this bag, though.  I'll get this done, maybe tomorrow, and then sew up the paisley Dress No. 1 (the last one for a long time, cross my heart) before cutting out the puppets I'm making for LC and OJ for Christmas.

Talk about a dreary day.  It was raining when I got up.  See the raindrop circles on the birdbath?  This morning I drove the snowblower up the street to the neighbor who is good at fixing stuff like that.  We thought that he'd change the oil and do a few general maintenance things and be done.  Not so fast.  He called almost immediately to say that the "shoes" were so worn down they had to be replaced.  Okay.  Of course, he had to go across town (twice because the first time they gave him the wrong part) for the parts and ended up canceling an appointment he had to work on my machine.  I felt guilty, so we added a little to the bill he quoted us.  Don't want to abuse a good neighbor.  Just as we were leaving for Durwood's 1:30 haircut I realized that the automatic night light in the bathroom was on--that's how dark it was.  Which was the harbinger of the rain that pelted us leaving the barber shop and when Durwood went into the grocery store.  There's nothing like 45 degrees and rain to chill you to the bone so I whipped up some chicken spaghetti for supper.

November 15--Claude Monet, Luncheon on the Grass.  Everyone brought something to share.  Evelyn brought William and kept him all to herself.  Claire had arranged the picnic luncheon, sending notes around to the circle of friends, coordinating who brought what.  It was understood by most everyone that it was to be a meeting of friends unencumbered by outsiders, like the old days when none of them were attached.  Trust Evelyn to ignore the spirit of the day and bring along her latest conquest.  She seemed to go through young men the way Pavlova went through toe shoes.

Well this isn't so bad, is it?  I managed to get a blog post done today after all.  For a while there it was touch and go.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yes, thank you for today's blog. You always have so much going on but we'd miss you SO MUCH if you gave up the "mostly" daily missive from what is becoming the frozen north. Those rebel girl hats are wonderful. Be sure to post a picture of you wearing yours.