Monday, November 13, 2017

Monday Grabbed Me & Didn't Let Go

So I didn't take any sunrise pictures, didn't manage to sit down to knit or embroider or sew.  I did manage to take a shower, dress myself, have lunch and a lovely long chat with a friend, go to three food-type stores (down from four on the original itinerary), and pinch-hit grandson pickup from the babysitter.  I hope they call me to do more of that because then I get to harvest more hugs.  I can always use a few zillion extra hugs, can't you?


I squeaked out the B in BRAVE on Rebel Girl Hat #2 but I'm concerned that it doesn't really show much.  The problem is that the only other color of tweed yarn I have is red.  I suppose I could drag it upstairs and see how really clashy it would be...


Tomorrow I need to do some emergency repairs to LC's owl hat.  DS said that she wears it a lot and one of the eyes is coming apart.  Can't have that.  (I was pleased when they thought that the hat was one DIL1's aunt had sent from a swank kids' store in the Twin Cities instead of remembering that little old Meemaw had made it.)





November 13--Utagawa Hiroshige, Kogami in Mushashi Province.  Along the stream trees burst into flower.  In the lightest breeze peals drifted like snow.  Here and there trunks of trees burned in a long ago fire jutted up, blackened and decaying, like death shouldering its way into life.  Jin sat on the stream bank, his feet in the cold water, tired from walking all day.  The sun slid behind the distand mountain like a shy young girl hiding from the eyes of a stranger.  Jin hoped that he would find an inn or even a barn where he could spend the night.  He had slept under the stars many times but the nights were still cold and he smelled frost on the breeze.

That really is all there is.  I'll try to be more interesting tomorrow.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Good you can repair that owl hat. The eye looks like its crying. Can't have that. Lucky you getting those extra hugs from that adorable boy.