Wednesday, November 22, 2017

According to Wikipedia...

"Vertigo is a medical condition where a person feels as if they or the objects around them are moving when they are not.[1] Often it feels like a spinning or swaying movement.[1][2] This may be associated with nausea, vomiting, sweating, or difficulties walking.[2] It is typically worsened when the head is moved.[2] Vertigo is the most common type of dizziness.[2]"

This is what I woke up with today.  I feel like I'm trying to get OJ's cold and evidently the cold decided to take up residence in my eustachian tubes.  I reeled into the bathroom, took an anti-vertigo pill, and staggered into kitchen.  I waited a while, over an hour, but things didn't improve.  I adjourned to the couch to listen to a healing meditation and a nap.  I took a second dose of the meds around noon and started to feel better around 1:30.  For a time there I was afraid we'd have to skip Thanksgiving but I'm better.  Whew.  Don't want to miss the gathering of the Shawano contingent.

Once my eyes stopped jittering around I picked up Rebel Girl Hat #3a and got BRAVE embroidered on and started on STRONG.  I plan to work more on it once I've posted this.  I had hoped to finish sewing that red and brown paisley Dress No. 1 but even I know that going down into the basement to sew when the room was spinning around was a bad idea.  I have other dresses to wear.  I'll still look good.


November 22--Georges Barbier, The Three Graces Fashion Plate.  Rose, Lily, and Fern were separable from the day they met in fourth grade.  They all liked black licorice, penny loafers, and Jacob Williams, the captain of the middle school soccer team.  He didn't know they were alive but they went to every home match and kept a scrapbook of his press clippings in Lily's closet.  Rose and Fern had nosy brothers so it wasn't safe at their houses.

This is all there is because of the aforementioned vertigo.  I promise to have more to say tomorrow, unless I've got extra turkey-generated tryptophan onboard and fall asleep before I get to the keyboard.
--Barbara

No comments: