Thursday, December 8, 2016

Still Frigid, Still Windy

Brrr!









What do you do if you get up at 5 o'clock to pee and can't go back to sleep?  You slice, toddler-style decorate, and bake the last two rolls of butter cookie dough in the fridge, that's what you do.





The avocado pit is going crazy.  It's 16" tall and look at all the leaves.  I brought the potting soil and another pot in from the garage to warm up and plan to pot the other pit tonight since it's finally showing a tiny little spurt of a stem.  We may have a forest after all.




 
My friend, HH, stopped by the dive shop the other day with some play kitchen food and dishes she was getting rid of and wondered if the play kitchen at my house needed anything.  Look what she had.  Tupperware!  I used to deal Tupperware in the olden days, the days when these colors were the stylish colors.  I pounced on them.  I'm inordinately excited to have them.  I have no explanation.


I finished the Mitten Badger head last night and couldn't for the life of me follow the final instruction to "weave yarn over the spots where the wrong color shows."  See the white dots in the black part and the black dots in the white part?  They're not supposed to be there.  I tried to do what she said but had absolutely no luck so I put it aside and I'm starting over picking up the colors differently in hopes that I don't have a spotted badger this time but if I do it'll just have to be a spotted badger and be happy about it.  So far, so good.

That is all.  I've got tanks to take in for service on my way to work, a piece of mail mis-delivered to us yesterday to slip in the neighbors' mailbox, and I need to call to schedule Don's next MRIs.  Yep, two of them.  Pretty soon we'll just buy our own scanner and run him through it on a daily basis then send bulletins to all doctors on the planet, or at least in our hemisphere.

I didn't write last night I just went to sleep.  And now I get to go out in the cold and wind to go to work.  Yippee.  One of these days I'm going to retire and stay home on inhospitable days like today.  The only good thing is that the sun is shining.  And I do like wind, just not wind that makes it feel like it's one degree out there.  I'll stop now.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That is one strong avocado tree. I'm amazed at how straight and tall the stem has grown. Even though it isn't enormous, it's still a real tree!