Friday, December 30, 2016

Can You Imagine?

I worked at work all day yesterday.  Yes, I did.  Remember I told you that both FedEx and UPS brought multiple cartons of things to be unpacked, priced, and put away?  Well, what with customers and phone calls interrupting, it took me the entire day to get the stuff dealt with.  And to top it all off, I took the trash out back after 5 o'clock (when I lock the front door to count out the money to put in the safe), the wind caught the door, and blew it shut, locking me out of the store.  Now I know better than to neglect to shoot the latch bolt out so it catches on the door frame when I go out the back because there's no doorknob on the outside of the back door.  See, it's dark back there so Mr. Boss put on a one-sided doorknob to prevent break-ins.  Fortunately there's a bar right across the street so I went over there and dialed JJ at home (20 miles away) and he graciously hopped in his truck and drove into town to let me in, then he wouldn't let me give him money for gas.  Friends, you just can't thank them enough.  I spent the wait trying to figure out a way and place to stash a key so I don't do it again.  Guess I'll have to either take my keys with me or remember to shoot the darned bolt.  So frustrating.

That's why I didn't knit at work yesterday and I didn't knit at home last night because... well, I don't know why I didn't but I didn't.  If I took a picture of my knitting bag it'd look the same as it did Wednesday when I left for work.  It's a good thing that tonight's Friday Night Knitting so I'll be forced to drag out my needles and get something done.  This morning I went to three grocery stores, one mailing store, and for a haircut, then came home to cut up strawberries and a pineapple, so no knitting happened then.

I didn't write last night either.  I was tired.  So all there is to see here are east-facing and west-facing pictures of this morning's sunrise, and not very impressive ones either, but it's the best I can do.  I have to overcome the slacker ways creeping up on me.
--Barbara

No comments: