Friday, July 24, 2009

Knitting Bag Meme (picture heavy)

Julie over at Samurai Knitter is packing up to move, so she put all her knitting tools in one bag, photographed it, and challenged others to do the same. I decided it was just too scary to put all my needles, etc. in one bag (aside from the fact that I don't think there's a bag big enough and I don't want to see how much money I've spent over the years) so I just slowly unloaded my main knitting bag which I just packed for Friday Night Knitting Club and took pictures. Here we go!


This is my flamingo bag from Bonaire, my favorite Caribbean island. It sometimes leaves sequins in my wake but I love it. It's pretty roomy for big projects and easy to carry around. Not a travel bag, by any means.






The first item to pop out of the bag is my finished Ripple Shawl. I love it. I love the shiny Sterling gray and Ebony black, and the silky feel of the Micro Spun yarn. It'll be great on cool summer nights and will warm my shoulders in winter.





Next we have the zip bag with the Reef Socks. I'm loving this pattern; it's fun and easy to memorize. One more repeat of the pattern and I'm onto the heel flap.


Here's the Khaki Cardi (#241) still not to the place to separate out the sleeve stitches because I was focused on finishing the shawl. But I counted the back stitches and I need 14 more until something new happens in the pattern. That's 14 more rows. I can do that.








The books I ordered from Interweave Press' overstock sale came this week so I packed them up to share with the ladies tonight. I have to make the bird hat on the cover of Folk Hats and there are a number of sock patterns that caught my eye. I've been wanting a Knitting Companion since I started back to knitting and couldn't resist the price. I'm sure all will be treaured additions to my library.



In a little clear-plastic-fronted case from my DD I keep all my "tools." No fancy snips or Leatherman, like Julie has, just a collection of things that have become handy to have around when I'm working with yarn. I can't bear get rid of my first training sock. DD sat patiently beside me and guided me through every stitch of the way. Note my new Sony Walkman mp3 player on the right. It's crammed with 5 books on cd from the library. It's my new favorite toy.


A few months ago Dusty came to FNKC with a tiny witch on a broomstick stitch marker for each of us. I was fascinated by the idea of figuring out what I'd choose as my signature marker so I went on a search. As you can see from the picture, I had a bit of trouble making up my mind. The red bead is from my DD and the long star & heart are part of my gift from audreym when I won her drawing, but the rest are of my own making. There are bees (for my initial), other bugs (I like bugs), fish (for my love of the ocean and diving), and hummingbirds (for my love of Durwood). I love each and every one of them.











That's what's in my bag. What's in yours?

1 comment:

Julie said...

AH! FLAMINGOS! I love flamingos. That's as good as any flying trilobite. Looks like a log of good fun in that bag. I especially like your first sock.