Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rising up from the Fog

Thanks for the well wishes Barbara. I'm slowly feeling some improvements, but still have some pain in my knee. But I woke today with the resolve to start writing.

The Poem of A-Z

Away from it all
But still not alone
Carelessly wishing for
Demands of my own.

Ever so optimistic
Fresh from the shower
Grateful for a new day
Hour by endless hour.

Irritated with myself
Jumping at my throat
Kicking down walls I've made
Loathing my protective moat.

Marching to my own drum
Nobody but me gets in my way
Only I'm my worst enemy
Perhaps I'll be kind to myself one day.

Quietly I contemplate my life
Reverse is not an option
Someday I'll have the life I want
Tomorrow is the time for action

Until I learn to love myself
Victory will never belong to me
Whatever path I choose to take
Xantippe, a woman I'll never be.

Yearning for a life my own is just within my reach
Zealous I will have to be

Oh thank God there were only 26 letters in the alphabet....I should have stopped at D. :)

No comments: