Tuesday, July 21, 2009

If I were a Tree ......

You would think with all of "the leaves I turn over" in trying to get back on the bandwagon with writing, getting healthy, etc., I would be a mighty oak. But here I am again, determined to start again. Twenty-one days to form a habit so here goes.

The knee feels good compared to how it used to feel. Just a little ache in the incision sites and some stiffness after sitting at my computer all day, but definitely much better than before.

So I return to work today after a week off to the tune of 300+ emails. Good God, don't these people have anything better to do? But after deleting the crap, the meeting invites while i was out and other stuff, I have just a small pile to deal with tomorrow. And tomorrow is another day, or so I read somewhere before....

I liked your Horse and Camel piece Barbara especially the reference to a Triangle Day. I like that and could see it quite vividly.

What Made it so Bad?
Liz shut the door to her office behind her and rested against it for a moment. Her eyes closed in an attempt to block out the past fifteen minutes she had spent with Charlene in the breakroom. Her afternoon break was designed to recharge her for the last few hours in the work day, but Liz felt more exhausted now than she did before the break began. Fifteen minutes of Charlene talking non-stop about everything and yet nothing. Nothing that Liz cared about really. It wasn't that Liz didn't like Charlene, in fact she did, but it was the constant drama that Charlene forced upon the ladies of the fifth floor breakroom that Liz didn't like. The constant focus of the ups and downs of Charlene's life that made Liz wish for a set of headphones, a roll of duct tape or at least a different assigned break time.

No comments: