Monday, March 16, 2009

Sniff...Sniff...Is that Spring in the Air that I Smell?

What a gorgeous day it was yesterday! I managed to strap on my knee brace and walked down to the Attic to meet my aunts and cousin for our weekly Sunday afternoon get together. It felt great to be outside, but even better to be walking. The only thing missing was a barbeque to come home to! Lucky you Barbara!

I liked the piece you wrote about Hans...it was difficult looking at him as he resembles my friend's soon to be ex-husband and you pretty much nailed him down in your post. I particularly liked the last line about the women going back to their unexciting mates.

Write About Small Injuries

It was the small injuries they inflicted upon each other that eventually became mortal wounds. The verbal razor poised over taut skin like a teenage Cutter, preparing for the first small nick of flesh and continuing until the surface resembled a road map leading to nowhere, with no relief in sight. The injuries weren't intentional, nor were they planned. They were just casualties from years of hurt, anger and abandonment that always missed their mark.

No comments: