Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Loving my New Computer

I am loving my new computer!! This week's obsession is I-tunes which I had when before I moved out onto my own, but now have discovered podcasts...Amazing! The range of topics is mind-blowing. There is nothing better than to download a podcast onto my ipod, put on the headphones and hit the fresh spring air to clear my mind, relieve my stress and try to get into shape!

Barbara - I loved yesterday's piece as looking at pictures of my mother and grandmother from their younger years was something I loved to do as a child. You really hit home with this piece and made it personal for yourself which I loved.

***Barbara - since it will be just you and I tomorrow night, what would you like to do for our activities....another project night, bananagrams, ?????, let me know and I will either provide what we need or we can just be surprised and spontaneous!

Write About the Evening Before the Funeral

Julie looked around her living room at the swarm of people who had gathered throughout the day. Many had arrived upon hearing the news that Mark had died suddenly the night before. Earlier in the day, she welcomed the sight of each person as they offered their condolences, brought over casseroles and took care of the smallest details for the funeral that Julie found overwhelming. But it was now evening and the house was filled to overflowing with too much laughter, and too many rememberances of the parties that she and Mark would host for their friends and family. Julie tried to find something positive in what was going on around her, but the sight of so many intoxicated people, drinking what was left of Mark's beer and liquor, sickened her. I want all of you out of here, she internally screamed. Let me be alone with my grief and my memories. The thought of retiring to the bedroom and sleeping on Mark's side of the bed still fragrant with his scent of manliness and hard work consumed her mind. She clenched her fists, her manicured nails digging into her palms, as she waited for what seemed an eternity for each guest to leave. As the last car left their driveway, Julie stood in the now silent house and suddenly wished for each guest's return.

No comments: