Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Making Piles, Thinking About Packing

Let's see, I have a pile of writing stuff with copies of my pitch, my workshop schedule, my agent appointments, and my notebook. There's my pile(s) of clothing, one definitely going, one maybe. (You and I both know I'll take way more than I need.) And my entertainment pile with my laptop, a couple DVDs, and 2 small knitting projects for those quiet moments. I'll pack tonight, get my nails done tomorrow morning, and drive away around noon. Should be a good weekend. If there's Wi-Fi at my hotel (it's the Doubletree, they have cookies) I'll try and report.

March 25--Sergei Arsenevich Vinogradov, Interior. Sasha loved mornings. That's when Mama sat at the end of the table going over the day's menus and the household accounts. Sasha would sit beside her and quietly read or color. Mama would be all dressed for luncheon at Aunt Sally's or some other lady's house and if Sasha was good Mama smiled at her like they were sharing a secret. But if Sasha was noisy or fidgeted or swung her leg with its bare foot squeaking on the polished wood floor, Mama would frown and send her back to the nursery with the babies.

It isn't very long, but I like it. Have a good day.
--Barbara

No comments: