Friday, August 18, 2023

Why Oh Why

Did I decide to knit a scarf? I'm barely 6" into it and I'm already tired of it. There's a lot more yarn on the ball too. Maybe I can find a different pattern to knit with this yarn? Or maybe I can just suck it up and knit on this scarf. It's simple enough and I've got the pattern memorized.



This Downy Woodpecker landed on the suet cakes feeder and posed there for quite a long time before pecking away at the suet. Sometimes I think that the hornets that live inside the feeder keep the birds away. I know they keep me away. LC said that I should spray the hornets but I told her that I'm afraid that the spray would hurt the birds. She figured out a complicated process of spraying and cleaning and refilling so that I could get rid of the stinging insects. I'm thinking about it.

 

No new flowers blooming to show you, so here's a bee on the yellow weeds that are growing up next to the backyard shed. I don't know what kind of weed this is but it isn't ugly so I'm leaving it, plus the bees like it. Good for pollinators!



The sedum flowers don't bloom until autumn but I like the light green of them in summer. No bees yet.

 

I'm back to the beginning in 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly too so I drew two butterflies, two angels, and a big ladybug but I drew her too close to the edge of the paper so she doesn't have enough legs. Oops.

 

I didn't do a lot today. Didn't get more chapters to review, managed a short walk between Zoom calls, and listened to part of an audiobook. Oh, I did take a shower, some days that's a big accomplishment.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Yes, taking a shower is a big accomplishment. Before we had the walk-in shower installed here, I always felt as if I was taking my life in my hands when I had to shower. Too slippery in the tub and the shower curtain was too cling-y. I had to force myself to climb in there. Much better now. Love the picture of the bee on the weeds.