Wednesday, August 9, 2023

My Haunted Microwave

No, really. This morning when I got up there was a beeping in the kitchen. I investigated and found that the microwave was beeping. I opened the door and it stopped. Then while I was eating breakfast it turned itself on and none of the buttons worked so I could turn it off. See what I mean? Haunted. I unplugged it. Then I bought a new one and recycled the old, haunted one. I warned the guy at the recycling center not to plug it in. He thanked me.



I drew out of 20 Ways to Draw a Tree today--a rose, a fossil, a blossom, a stone, and a twig. I think the stone looks like a fingerprint.


Then I drew a couple flowers out of Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers. I like the dark centers with the spots of white.



Even though I have been doing so much writing and computing that my right shoulder blade is sore, I did a little writing today anyway. I had that little plot breakthrough the other day and I can't leave it alone. It's like picking at a scab.


We had an honest to goodness downpour this evening. I heard a sound and thought that the
air conditioner was on but it was the rain. I'm happy. We need rain. It could rain all night like that and I wouldn't mind a bit. Tomorrow too. It's too dry around here.


I went down to Edward Jones this morning for my annual visit with my financial advisor. My investments are doing well, recovering from last year's dip, and according to the plan if my spending stays steady I'll have money until I'm 90. That should be enough. I guess. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sounds like you're in good shape moneywise. Comforting. I know you thank Durwood for that. And I thank him too. I want you around for years and years and years.