Monday, August 28, 2023

Showing Off

Today the first copy of Island Dreams arrived. Since I published my first book last fall I've ordered a retail copy as soon as it was available so that I'd have the very first one. I also got the copy of Horizon with the new cover today. I like it, and it already attracted some attention on Amazon as someone on Kindle Unlimited started reading it. Woohoo! I decided to take a picture of all four of my novels just to see them all in a group. I'm so proud of them. Even if I'm never famous or successful I'm so happy that I decided to self-publish them.



It was another Investment Cooking day. First thing I got Chicken Cacciatore into the slow cooker. It's one of my favorite recipes and it makes the house smell wonderful.


Then I made a new, well, new-ish recipe. I've made it before for Investment Cooking a few years ago. It's called Honey-Ginger Chicken Tenders. I made it last time the knitters came over as an appetizer and it was so good that I decided to make it as a meal. There was an extra chicken tender when I portioned them out so I had to eat one for supper. Poor me.



I opened Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals to find this shaggy, yawning cow-like beast on the next page. This is not my best work but I think he's pretty funny looking.


Then I paged through 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish. This is not my best work either. It's an angelfish, a clownfish, a crab, and a crocodile. Meh.


I had a small assistant today. He played while I cooked. We shopped a bit, then went to the park where he played and I roasted. Next time I'll take a hat and not wear a black shirt.

One of my writer friends is starting a writing blog and she's asked to interview me. I'm so flattered and excited. She sent me questions today so I spent the evening trying to craft answers that don't make me sound like a doofus. I'll post a link when it's up.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt Barb said...

You sound like a proud parent pleased with your four productions!!! And justly so. I've ordered Island Dreams and hope to receive it today. An addition to my shelf dedicated to my impressive niece!

Kathy W said...

ooh... my copy of Island Dreams arrived at 12:37PM yesterday.Maybe I got the first copy?