Saturday, August 26, 2023

Seventeen

That's how many of those little utility flags on sticks are in my front yard. In every color too--red, green, blue, yellow, and orange & white striped. I went out this afternoon to mow because the grass was getting quite shaggy with the rain we've had over the last days and didn't realize how many of those pesky little wires I'd have to avoid. What a pain. So far they're digging on the other side of the street. I hope they stay there.



I spent the rest of the afternoon sitting here making up ads for my new book. (Why, yes, I have a new book published on Amazon! It's called Island Dreams. Nice of you to ask.) I made four ads--one automatic ad, one category ad, and two keyword ads--and when I checked just now one of the keyword ads has already gotten an Impression. Woohoo!


While I was out mowing I noticed that just one of the milkweed plants along the lot line has pods on it. I like the way they look like alien growths, all spiky and green.



I drew out of 20 Ways to Draw a Tree book and I'm very happy with the way the feather turned out. The rest of the figures aren't bad but I like the feather the best.


Then I paged to the next pictures in Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers and found these. The one I colored is a Morning Glory. I used to grow those on the fence along the retaining wall hoping that they'd be self-seeding but that never worked, darn it.

 

To show you how clueless I am about the Packer games I went over to the Metro Market by the stadium and couldn't figure out why the gas station and all the parking lots were crammed with cars. There were a limited number of spots available at the grocery but I found one and got the stuff I needed. When I got home I found a picture of DS, his family, and friends at the game on FB. *head, smack* Good thing I didn't try to go earlier, I'd have gotten trapped in all of the traffic.

A couple Hispanic families moved into the duplex at the end of the block and they're having one whale of a party tonight. They've even got a bouncy house. I'll bet they have great food too. I can hear the music and I like it. Now I just have to figure out how to cozy up to them so that they invite me over to eat. I keep waving when I drive by but so far nothing. It's the first step in my master plan/dream of having one of everybody living all around me so that I can learn about their cultures and eat their delicious food. Hey, it could happen.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I'm going on Amazon right now to order "Island Dreams." Hope I'm one of many who click on your various marketing icons and makes a purchase.