Friday, August 11, 2023

More Woodpeckers

Or maybe it's the same ones but the feeders were rich with Downy Woodpeckers again today. This one that landed on the suet cakes is an older juvenile male because you can see that he has a rust colored patch on the back of his head.



This one is either too young or a female because it doesn't have a colored patch. Also this one is out of focus.


We had a doozie of a rain shower this morning. It was raining so hard that the drops made bubbles in the birdbath. It was at the same time that the Public Service guys were back spraying lines and planting flags because evidently the TDS Metrocom people are coming back to dig again. I thought that they were done digging last winter but evidently there is more to do. Oh goodie. I just hope they don't cut through my power cable again.



My drawings today come from 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly or Things With Wings. They're an eagle, a mythological bird (I think it's a phoenix), a goose, and a modern airplane. They're all okay. I like the eagle and the goose. The plane isn't my best work.


I drew the next animal in Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals. It's a Yuzz-a-ma-tuzz. I don't know what that is but I like the way it looks. Sorry that the pencil marks are so faint but all of its hair/fuzz is white so it all blends in. I suppose I should have colored in the background, that would have made the creature pop. Oh well, next time.

 


In between Zooms this afternoon I fired up the Weber and grilled another family pack of teriyaki chicken breasts. I have so enjoyed having that for supper that I decided to do it again. Along with a little steamed broccoli and it's the perfect meal.


Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I knitted to the toe decreases on the Kestrel Sock and then shifted to the Pink Lemonade Dishcloth so I didn't have to think too much. It's Friday night, thinking is over for the week.


Harry at Book Publishing Solutions was saved from my wrath because he sent me the next four chapters to review just before lunch. I spent a couple hours going over them, accepting or rejecting their suggested changes, and sent it back before suppertime. Most of the changes are adding commas. I suck at putting commas in.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Microsoft Word always wants commas in my journal entries. I don't always accept their suggestions. Don't you love having something you love ready to just grab out of the refrig for lunch or dinner? I'm like you with your grilled chicken breasts in that I could eat Walmart's chicken salad every day for the rest of my life. Have you tried it? It's delicious.