Monday, September 21, 2015

Sleepless Nights Suck

I had one devil of a time falling asleep Saturday night and an even harder time staying asleep.  I switched beds, tried the (too short) couch, and finally dozed off sometime after 3 AM, then I was up a little after 8 o'clock.  I'm too old to be awake in the single-digit hours of the night.

I baked my bread dough on Saturday.  Look how pretty it turned out.  It tastes good too.

I did get Sudoku Stone #6 done on Friday night, didn't knit at all on Saturday (did a raft of laundry, hemming, and t-shirt sleeve restructuring instead), and got #7 begun yesterday afternoon.  When I was talking with DD on the phone yesterday about knitting eight each of the last three colors (which I am dreading, can you tell?), I had a brainstorm.  As I finish one of each, I'll sew up one of the squares of nine which will serve two purposes--it'll pull me through making eight of each of the last three colors and when I get the last one of each done, the nine-squares will be done too, and ready for the separating strips.  It'll be like doing two steps in one.  That means I'll be taking some blocks of each color, plus a skein of the Charcoal for joining and an appropriate crochet hook, along to The Clearing on SATURDAY *ahem* but I have plenty of room in the car.

Look at the cool pattern I found at Goodwill on Friday for only ninety-nine cents.  It's a busy book pattern, each page has an animal with buttons or a zipper, a hook-and-eye, snaps, laces, or some other fastener that little ones need to learn how to work.  Since it has grommets in the extension to tie all the pages together instead of being sewn together, I figure I can start by making a few of them and add on as I get around to more pages which takes an enormous project and makes it into do-able parts.  (how come it took for me to be this old before I got this smart?)

September 21--Lynn Davis, San Francisco Skyline.  The lights in the tall blocks of buildings made them look like the old mainframe computers with their blinking lights outlined in stark black.  Only the glow reflected from the waters of the bay.  It seemed to Sharon that the buildings leaned away from the water to keep their reflections from showing there, to keep the water from capturing their spirits.  Her mother always said she was fanciful and Sister Mary Immaculata had written on her fourth grade report card that she was a dreamer and too imaginative for her own good.  She loved living in the city and she loved her job at Lucinda's Resale on the edge of Chinatown only a block from City Lights Books where Kerouac, Ferlinghetti, and the rest of the Beats had hung out.

I'm at work so I suppose I'd better do some work-y stuff.  Survive Monday.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I love that pattern book you found at the Goodwill Store. You're going to have so much fun making those pages for LC!! Don't you love finding stuff like that for only 99 cents??? And yes that bread looks wonderful and I cannot imagine your hubby not wolfing it down!!