Friday, September 28, 2012

I'm Feeling My Age Today *P.S. added*

I'm just as happy that Skully called to cancel walking this morning because I woke up with my sciatica screaming and my left shoulder achy.  Bah.  That sucks.  As soon as I get this posted, and I intend to make it a quick one since I don't feel the need to inflict my crapola mood on all of you, I'm going to go down into my basement studio, fire up the sewing machine(s), and finish the yoga mat bag.  Tonight is yoga, I want to take my new (red!) yoga mat with the 3 suns printed on it and I need a way to carry it and my strap.  I almost bought some yoga blocks that were on closeout at Walmart the other day; maybe I'll go back to get some when I go get my pattern refund at Hancock which is across the street from Wally World.  They're handy to have.  Of course they won't fit into the mat bag, but I bet I can find something to put them in that'll attach to it.  I'm resourceful that way.  (hmm, we've got a crapload of mesh bags for dive gear, etc. that might be just the ticket)  Today's Photo a Day theme is "a good thing."  I think a sunny & cool day is a good thing to see out the window next to your writing desk, even if you're in a crap mood.  I keep hearing pile drivers.  I pity the people who live near that.  It'd drive me nuts--ier.

September 28--Edgar Degas, Dancer Onstage.  My feet bled.  I could feel it pool in my slippers.  I paid no attention beyond awareness of the fact.  The music drove me, pulled me back and forth across the stage.  I became aware of the audience murmuring out in the darkness beyond the footlights.  As I danced I saw why they were restless, my white satin ballet slippers were red with blood.

And on that slightly creepy and disgusting note, I'm outta here.  Hasta la vista, babies!
--Barbara Sue 

P.S. In rereading this I realized that "crap" or some form of it is evidently the word of the day.  Care to play along?

1 comment:

Kat McNally said...

Hi Barbara Sue,
Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
Kat xxx