Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back for More

Thanks for the welcome back to blogging Barbara. It feels good to stretch out the fingers and the mind again other than once a week on Thursday nights.

Great sensual detail (literally) on your Tut prompt. I like reading pieces that are unlike what people typically and I see potential in that piece as part of a greater work. Wow - perhaps Ed and Vera visiting the museum and Vera's mind starts to stray? I'm teasing of course...Ed and Vera are too true to each other for that.

Creativity and Confidence

To some it is nothing more than rubber, ink, ribbon and paper, but to me it is courage. I first saw card making as a safe hobby. I didn't have to worry about coloring outside the lines, or messing up an expensive piece of canvas. A piece of paper giving me permission to make a mistake and do over on the other side gave me confidence. "I keep all of your cards", my mother tells me. I cringe, but someday I want to see them. I want to lay them out in order they were sent to see the story my hobby tells of my ability, my confidence, even where I was in my life. I call myself a designer, and if I'm feeling gutsy, an artist. I use the term artist boldly, challenging others to debate me as I look into their eyes with the confidence my creativity has sparked. Art in the eye of the beholder.

No comments: