Thursday, September 4, 2008

Rain!

Oh, man, do we need the rain. It's only drizzling now but it's supposed to be a nice steady rain later. And I like it cooler too. Much better than the hot and steamy.

September 3--Write about a neighborhood at 5 PM--I'm so tired of not fitting in. When everyone up and down the block is leaving for work I'm just getting home. During the day I run an errand sometimes, but most of the time I sleep in the cave of my room. I made it in the basement. It's cooler down there, quieter and darker too. I get up around 5 PM just when most of them are coming home. They eat casseroles or grilled meat while I'm having eggs or oatmeal. And when they're leaving for a movie or their kids' soccer practice I'm going off to work. We wave at each other and smile but we're not friends or even acquaintances. They work days and I work nights, opposite sides of the same coin.

See you tonight. I'm going to get my exercise in order now.
--Barbara

No comments: