Friday, September 5, 2008

Fresh Meat

Welcome, Jennifer! It was great meeting you last night and I loved your exercise writing. I think you're going to make a great addition to the madness.

Jenny, thanks for the 55 word submission info. I think I'll ship off, oh, what did I call it?, but I've got one done that I like better than the rat one. Although I will find 2 more words and send that one in too once submissions open again.

September 4--What do you hear?--The sound was like torture, never-ending, just variable enough that he couldn't predict it, not regular enough to set up a rhythm. At first he had thought it came from outside. The rain had been falling all day when he noticed it, like a drip from a hole in the gutter outside his window. He shrugged and tried to ignore it but it got louder and faster, intruding into his thoughts so that he had to put down his book and go to the window to see it. But when he looked out he saw nothing. There was no drip, it had even stopped raining and the sun was out making dry patches on the sidewalks and streets. He searched his whole room looking for the source of that intermittent drip but found nothing. He emptied his closet and ran his hand over every pipe he could find. Nothing.

And that's where I ran out of steam and fell asleep. Musta been all that dripping in my imagination.
See you in 2 weeks. Be good while I'm gone.
--Barbara

No comments: