Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Terrible Case of Startitis


The other night after I finished the Mitered Hanging Towel and hung it in the kitchen I looked down at my feet to decide which of my WIPs to pick up next. I crocheted a row on the latest Market Bag but really felt like something new. So I cast on the next Sudoku square since I have 72 left to make before I start assembling the throw.



But it wasn't very satisfying. I had bought all that new yarn and 2 new pattern books, surely I could cast on something NEW instead of work on my boring old things. Right? Right!

For months now I've been buying skeins of thin and mohair-y yarn thinking I'd try my hand at making a spiderwebby shawl to drape elegantly over my shoulders, so I cast on this. It's the Tuscon Lattice Shawl from this book.








But there was that variegated wool I bought too. And a pattern for cabled fingerless mitts in the new accessories book. I'd better cast that on too. What the hell.






That's what I did on Tuesday. Imagine what I can get started with the whole weekend at my disposal, I have lots of needles and hooks.

2 comments:

rochard said...

Oooh, I'm loving that shawl. I saw that book at the library. Gotta put in on my list. I don't think I ever asked you--are you gonna put numbers on that afghan?

Barbara said...

Nope. The colors are going to take the place of numbers. I assigned each number a color and then cut a solution out of the paper. I'll arrange each block to match the solution, then join the blocks with strips of garter stitch in charcoal and edge it with charcoal strips too. I'll have to be extra careful to sew the blocks together correctly or it'll bug me forever.