Thursday, September 4, 2008

Look what happens when we write!

So it turns out "Innocence, Briefly" (that's the Faith and Jessup story, and it's got those evil twins Azrael and Sariel in there, too) is going to be published in the September 15th issue of Smokelong Quarterly. I'm so excited, because I love that ezine! It's an online flash fiction journal, and a really swell one at that. Barbara, I'm getting out of my slump, I promise!

Barbara, I hope you aren't done with Lindy. I can't stand that you left us off there, just with the bumper at the hip. I love that snippet. And Bob, you surely have the beginning of a story with Taggart and Denise and Fred. The tension is already built -- keep going! Here is the beginning of what I'm working on today. (You guys will recognize the names, but these aren't the same Miriam and Henry. It's just that I've been thinking about the novel while trying to write shorts this month. I'm sure they won't mind that I borrowed them.)

Miriam sees Henry by the rosebushes, and she wants him like you want a lollipop. She opens wide and swallows, one quick gulp. Henry has a satisfying feel there just above her groin, but still with his insistent heft in her stomach, she feels the need to clarify. "I am not your mother," she says.

No comments: