Saturday, September 20, 2008

I Had The Most-est Fun!

I spent a few hours today spending my birthday gift cards and other gift cards to lighten my wallet. What a blast!

I spent my $5 Stein's card on a red and yellow daisy-like perennial plant that'll last for years, and my 2-$5 Target cards on two nice collared shirts for work (I had to add s
ome cash to that, okay, I added ten bucks, but it was half free!)



I got a gift card for Michaels for my birthday from my lovely daughter. Thanks, Ann! I picked out 2 skeins of Patons Classic Wool in Harvest, 1 skein of Classic Wool Merino in Palais (I'm thinking maybe Fetchings or some convertible mittens/fingerless mitts), 3 balls of Sugar 'n Cream (2 variegated & 1 solid), and a pair of 14" bamboo US 7 needles to make the button kitchen towel in Mason-Dixon Knitting's new book. Dang it, I forgot to get a button!






From Durwood came a gift card from JoAnn's. That brought 2 skeins of Lion Brand Landscapes in Deep Sea colorway (I'm a slave to that yarn!), 3 balls of Sugar 'n Cream (2 variegated & 1 solid--are you seeing a pattern here?), and a Knitted Accessories book (cute stuff in there).

Each of the above benefitted from a 40 or 50% off on one item coupon, so it was like an extra bonus gift. Squee!



I had a Walmart card I was convinced had less than $1 on but since I was out to clear out my wallet, I went there too and picked out 3 balls of Peaches and Creme dishcloth cotton (all variegated. I can not for the life of me buy solid color dishcloth cotton, it's just too dull.) Happily, I only used up half of what was on the card but by then I was too pooped to go back and spend the other $3.



In a completely un-gift-carded stop at Loops and Links, I blew my mad money bankroll on 2
skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky in Prairie Goldenrod and 3 skeins of Zitron Prisma in the festively named color 410. Evidently I'm destined to try my hand at shawl knitting because I can't resist buying the thin and fuzzy stuff lately.

No comments: