Sunday, September 21, 2008

Preserving Sunday

I got to be the wise one and talk Don through his first time making raspberry preserves. He's been harvesting them like crazy lately, had enough for a pie last night and 9 jars of preserves today, and they're not all gone. Good thing Jenny doesn't come out back much or I'm sure there'd be some shrinkage. I don't care for them so he's got them all to himself. It works out because he doesn't like my blueberries.

Sept. 20--Accept loss forever (after Jack Kerouac)--I never think it's really gone. Days go by and I expect to get it or hear it, wake up to it like I did when I was a kid. It used to drag by on leaden feet, creeping in slo-mo, taking forever to pass. But now it goes so fast whole days, even weeks, disappear without my noticing. It must be a sign of again this acceleration of time. I feel like I've crested a hill and can't get a grip on the slick descent.

This is semi-pathetic. It's one of those times that I'm just happy that I managed to flop a few words on paper. Hope your weekend has been fun.
--Barbara

No comments: