Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Last Post...

...before I leave for a week. I've got all my stuff piled by the door and I'll be loading up and driving away just before noon. I'll miss you guys but I promise to bring back insights and info and a renewed inspiration. Jennifer, I'm glad you liked the writing and us; I look forward to reading your stories.

September 5--The time between dusk and dawn--Cleo was a creature of the night. As the sun sank below the horizon each night she felt herself awake, bloom like a Night-blooming Cereus, the petals of her true personality unfolding in the luscious dark. Her skin was as pale as alabaster which contrasted with her dark brown, almost black, hair and the creamy whiteness made her blue eyes look like ice chips in the moonlight. She had left her home in the icy woods of northern Wisconsin and settled on this desert island in the Caribbean where the hot sun and ocean breezes made her feel rooted in the very earth beneath her feet.

I think we'll spend more time with Miss Cleo at a later date. See you on the 18th with Bob's critique in hand.
--Barbara

No comments: