Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Stuffed

After supper tonight I finished sewing up the other half of the Gray Bear, stuffing it, and cinching in the neck. Tomorrow night I'll sew up the inseams and then knit it a scarf. I'm calling it it because I don't know if it's a boy bear or a girl bear.



The Downy Woodpecker showed up on the suet cakes today. You can see how it hung from the bottom of the feeder to have access to the remaining chunk of suet cake. I've said it before, I don't know how they can be comfortable and swallow upside down.


In the morning I drove over to Zambaldi to visit with DS. He was cleaning the small tanks in preparation for a Brewer For a Day coming at noon. He's still getting people signing up! I took this picture so you can see the size difference between the regular tanks and the Brewer For a Day tanks. A batch of beer out of the little tanks fills 3 half-barrels and one quarter-barrel. They're by the big tank with the red hose hanging on it. A batch in the big tanks fills a lot more.



I was amazed to see that the walnut count in the grape jelly dish is down to one today. I can't begin to guess why the squirrel put them in there and why it's now taking them out. Will it take out the last one? Will another one show up? Stay tuned! The bees are really enjoying the grape jelly as you can see.


Since DS was brewing this afternoon I got to do the after school run. While I waited in the pickup line I finished knitting the Water Lilies Roll Brim Preemie Hat. It isn't preemie size. It's barely newborn size. But it'll fit some baby so I'm not worried.



The last gasp of Dad's roses continues. In the background you can see the flower that's peeking in the window at me.They're so pretty and they smell so good. Thanks, Dad!


I didn't draw and I didn't paint today. I spent all the time that I wasn't running around in the car sitting right here working through the Ad Challenge videos and posting the homework on the FB group. This is the fourth time I'm going through the videos so I'm just reading through the text and doing the homework. I think today I jumped ahead and used tools that are taught in the next video to do the the work but, hey, I knew how to use them so I did. This is not a graded course. Tomorrow morning I have a two-hour group coaching session on Zoom that I am really looking forward to. I'm even going to wear a new shirt! Man, I hope that I get one good comment among all the things that I have to change.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That little bear is so cute. Stuffing it makes all the difference. And the walnut mystery continues. Where do they come from? Where do they go? Stay tuned. Then there's the roses!! What a finale!!