Friday, September 27, 2024

Almost Done

I got this close to finishing Gray Bear tonight at Friday Night Knitting. I started the evening stitching up its inseam so that the stuffing quit poking out. Then I knitted on the scarf to tie around its neck and got done with the rows but didn't manage to finish the bind off before time to quit Zooming and start blogging. The scarf will have to wait a week to be finished or maybe I'll have time to bind off the rest of the stitches before I drive away tomorrow around noon since I'm mostly packed.



I filled all the feeders yesterday and it didn't take long for the chipmunk to figure out that I filled the cob corn as well. I know it's blurry but here's the chippie up on the cobs just filling its cheek pouches in preparation for winter. This is not the same chipmunk that cleaned up the pile of birdseed. Two different rodents, totally.


And the squirrel discovered that I filled the suet pellets feeder so it leaped up from the birdbath to the crook to the feeder for a nibble.



I drew these three sea creatures out of 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish this afternoon. I was getting cross-eyed looking at the computer screen trying to figure out what Rose's stakes are in The Seaview so I pulled up the manuscript and started skimming it. That was driving me crazy so I quit and went out to the table to draw. Much more relaxing.


After supper I drew a gratitude journal page. I didn't have a lot to draw but at least I made a page. I've been slacking off on them and I need to stop stopping and start drawing. When I get home.


I spent most of the day at the computer. I asked GetCovers to make the palm fronds green instead of yellow on the new The Seaview cover. I realized that the contrast with the blue sky is good but it looks like it's dying. Not the look I'm going for. My hands are aching from knitting for three hours straight so I'm going to wrap this up and hit the hay. Remember I won't be back here until Saturday, October 5. See you then!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Have fun at The Clearing. I know you will. See you next month.