Sunday, September 22, 2024

I Didn't Draw

But I painted. Not well, but at least I made the effort. These are poppies. They don't really look like any poppies I've ever seen or grown but that's what the author said they are. The one in the middle kind of reminds me of a poppy with the dark center surrounded by red petals. I like the stems. They're not precise but I kind of like that the paint isn't confined in the lines. And, yes, those splotches are supposed to be there.



A Downy Woodpecker came over for a ride and a suet snack. I wasn't quick enough to get a photo of it on the Slinky but I did manage to snap a photo of it when it leaned away from the suet to clean its beak.


Today was the last day that the replay of last week's Amazon Ads webinar was available so I cued it up and watched the parts that confused me the other day. I was able to pause it and write down the web addresses needed to download the Deny List template and the Save Your Time upload, put them together, and load the whole thing into Amazon so they'll stop putting my ads on sites like Pinterest and Goodreads where a click only costs money but isn't in a place where people can buy the book. I also signed up for the Author Ad School for a few months. I've been tempted the last couple times I did the free Ad Challenge and today I decided that I'd do it. I'm afraid they'll tell me that my covers, blurb, keywords, and EVERYTHING is wrong with my books but I guess I'm willing to take the chance. It's only money. And my (sometimes fragile) ego.

 


I drew a Gratitude Journal page for today. I started to do it this morning for yesterday before realizing I'd already done one last night so there wasn't as much sunshine and there were a lot more clouds than it looks like in this drawing. I'm most grateful for chocolate ice cream today. I splurged on a pint of super-premium at ALDI the other day and portioned it out immediately when I got it home so I wouldn't be tempted to just get a spoon and dig in.

 

The clouds thinned out late in the afternoon and the blue sky and pink sunset clouds were irresistible. I didn't even go out to see where the sun was I just opened the patio door and snapped a picture of the sky. Happy first day of Autumn!


I spent most of my writing time today watching that webinar video and the orientation video of Author Ad School. I did manage to eke out two pages of actual writing. I introduced a new character the other day and realized that she needed a little fleshing out. Of course I had to then make up other guests that week for her to interact with. This writing thing gets complicated. As cda said, "Writing was so much easier when we didn't know what we were doing."

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I love cda's saying about things being easier when we don't know what we're doing. And even easier when we don't care! Your poppies are very arty and very pretty.