Tuesday, October 30, 2018

What Did You Do Today, Barbara?

Well, first I overslept.  Not that a retired person has a wake-up time but I was meeting a knitting acquaintance in mid-morning so I thought it'd be smart to wake up early enough to do yoga, have a relaxed breakfast, take a shower, and get dressed.  Instead I turned off my alarm, lay back down to stay warm and woke up almost an hour and a half later.  That didn't make me late or unable to do yoga, eat, or shower but it did take "relaxed" out of the equation.  CS and I had a nice long chat about knitting and goals, essentially got to know one another a little, and quite a bit of the day flew pleasantly by.

When I got home I had a late afternoon lupper (lunch & supper) because today is $10
Tuesday at Papa Murphy's and I've been hankering after pizza, then I sat myself down and got busy putting the November knitting guild newsletter together.  There are a few things left to find or get from people so I fired off a couple emails.  I'll let it marinate for a couple days, reread it, make corrections, and get it ready to go out to the members this weekend.



This evening I worked on the cuff and beginning of the hand of the first of the Appleseed Mitts.  This yarn is baby alpaca and it is so soft a person could knit underwear out of it and never want to take it off.  Not that I would, you understand, the idea of soft fuzzy undies that shed fibers all over and doesn't hold its shape isn't the kind of undies I want.  I'll settle for having it on my hands so I can smooth it over my cheek now and again.


30 October--Paul Serusier, The Two Washerwomen.  Cleo hated sorting laundry.  The dirty clothes had a life of their own.  They smelled of sweat and dirt and feet.  Shouldn't she be wearing gloves?  She looked around the room.  No one else seemed to mind the smell or touching the soiled garments.  She was convinced that people wore their clothes more often and were less careful with themselves and their hygiene when they knew that someone else washed their clothes.

Man, ain't it the truth?  People who rented wetsuits, etc. from the dive shop would return them filthy and smelly and then be affronted when I'd ask them to rinse them off with the hose on the side of the building.  Tomorrow's Halloween.  Good thing I bought that 500 count bag of suckers, isn't it?  I won't have to buy Halloween candy for a good many years.  Boo!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sounds like you've made a new friend. Knitting has you "knitted" into a broadening list of buddies. How's that for a play on words? Getting a little cooler down here but not the kind that makes one snuggle back down into the covers in the morning. Glad you still got everything done after your extra snooze time.