Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More Hats!



I did a little pattern surfing on Ravelry and found a pattern for one of those square baby/preemie hats with pom poms on the corners so I dug around in the way-back stash and whipped it up in baby chenille. The crazy thing is that the yarn pooled the same on both sides. Cute, huh?




In the chemo beanie world, I haven't found another pattern I like as much as this one. I got up to the stripes of beanie #1 last night while watching TV with Durwood (we like NCI
S and NCIS Los Angeles on Tuesday nights). I like the way it's looking and I found some yarn to make beanie #2 from in the way-back stash. I'm sticking to soft cottons and acrylics because they're washable and dryable, and I think they'd feel better on a newly bald head. Plus I'm determined not to buy much yarn until I've finished a bunch of UFOs and knitted up a lot of the stash. Except for next week when I'm up in Door Co. with my knitting friends. I make no promises.



I finished the first Fjord mitt at work yesterday but I don't have a photo of it. You'll just have to imagine a blocky tube (with a thumb) of that pretty Sable yarn.

2 comments:

Samara said...

The preemie hat is just too cute. What pattern did you use?

Barbara said...

I found it through Ravelry. Here's the link:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/preemie-hats