Thursday, February 17, 2011

Heads & Hands

Those are the two (three?) body parts I'm concerned with these days.

It's still chilly enough in the dive shop to appreciate a nice pair of wool fingerless mitts when I'm sitting still for a long time. I got to the thumb gusset and beyond on the second Fjord wrister yesterday while watching Firefly (Wikipedia calls it a space western, I don't usually like space or westerns but I sure like Firefly) and Bones episodes on Netflix yesterday afternoon in between customers and phone calls. I tried knitting wearing the WI Morning Mitts but my DPN tips kept getting caught so I had to knit barehanded. Tsk.




I added the third stripe to Chemo beanie #1 last night and am into the last 10 rows before I begin the crown shaping. I like the way it's looking.






and I cast on Tiny Hat #4 just before bed. The color's called Cotton Candy; I like the juxtaposition of pinks a
nd orange. It's the same yarn as the first two just with different colors as will be the last one, but I'm a sucker for self-striping and variegated yarns so I make no apologies. Fewer ends to weave in too.

No comments: