Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's Writer's Night and Project Night to Boot!

I really liked the piece about the Lady Writing a Letter with her maid. Great work Barbara and definitely some intimacy there!

So....do I have a project yet....No! But that's ok, I will come up with something before 7 and perhaps it will be the start of my submission for next week!

List 9 Good Reasons to Break Off a Wedding

The list of names on her guest list felt oppressive to Amy. Her skin suddenly felt hot although it was the middle of January and the collar of her turtleneck felt unusually tight. She ran her eyes down the list of potential guests, many of them names she had never met, but were absolute must haves according to her future mother-in-law. "We have to invite the Richardsons," Betsy Williams instructed Amy, "they are been members of the Country Club we used to belong to." Amy knew better than to ask how long it was since the Williams and the Richardsons last talked, corresponded or even saw each other. It was better to let Rick's mother win these small battles, her fiancee had cautioned her, but Amy wondered whether she would ever win a battle at this rate since Betsy was undefeated.

The white linen paper on the next page of her wedding planner looked so crisp and inviting to Amy. She always loved the right side of a notebook and honored it for the fresh start it provided. Her pen navigated over to the virgin surface where another list began.

9 Reasons to Call off this Wedding
1. I am losing a piece of myself each day ---when will I get to be whole again?
2. I wanted to plan a wedding with my fiancee, but all he has planned is the Bachelor party.
3. Will becoming a Richardson make me respected by the Richardsons? Not likely
4. Honeymooning in Cancun is like shopping at Kmart..been there, done that, have the t-shirt
5. Do I love Rick or do I love the idea of not being alone?
6. Cleaning my sock drawer is more appealing than planning this wedding.
7. Marriage is an institution and I'm not ready to go to an institution - Jon Bon Jovi
8. I never should have ended it with Mark.
9. Sanscrit font is just not me

No comments: